Palo Alto Orthodontist
As an orthodontist I strive to treat all of my orthodontic patients like extended family members; and, I enjoy building friendships and lasting relationships with patients and their families during and after their orthodontic treatment. I am looking forward to providing you with cutting edge orthodontic treatment and, most of all, excellent service. I am here to give you a "Wu"nderful smile!
I enjoy learning about my patient’s interests and hearing about their lives outside of my office. Here is a little information about myself that I would like to share with you! I am a native of Palo Alto, CA; and, I graduated from Gunn High School. In my spare time, I enjoy mountain climbing, hiking, golfing in the Bay Area, and I love to travel.
Dr. Wu has years of dental & orthodontic education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry from the University of California, San Diego
- Dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
- Advanced Education General Dentistry residency at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA – treated complex interdisciplinary cases, occlusion, and aesthetics
- One year spent working as a general dentist in Los Angeles, CA
- Orthodontic residency at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA
- Assistant Adjunct Professor at University of Pacific School of Dentistry, Postgraduate Orthodontics
- Dr. Wu is a Premier Preferred Invisalign Provider (Top 5% of Invisalign Providers across the U.S.)
- Attends continuing education courses on a regular basis
- Dr. Wu is also proficient in Mandarin, Chinese, and German
Continuing education is very important, and I consider myself to be a perpetual student! I constantly strive for excellence in orthodontics, and a big part of that includes keeping myself informed on the latest and most efficient treatment techniques. You can always trust that because of my dedication to continuing education, you will always receive the best orthodontic care in Palo Alto when you visit Wu Orthodontics.
- Adjunct Faculty, University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, Graduate Department of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists – member
- American Dental Association – member
- California Dental Association – member
- Midpeninsula Dental Society – member
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists – member
- Smile for a Lifetime – Midpeninsula Chapter, Advisor
In addition to the wonderful connections I have through my professional affiliations and continuing education, I have established a local study club for dentists, dental hygienists and other dental care professionals. The purpose of this club is to share my passion for perpetual learning and to educate, inform local dental professionals on the latest treatments and techniques, as well as provide a forum for discussion.