Palo Alto Orthodontist
- University of Pittsburgh, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- University of California, Los Angeles, Advanced Education General Dentistry
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, D.M.D
- University of California, San Diego, Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Assistant Professor, University of Nevada Las Vegas, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Clinical Advisor and Key Opinion Leader, uLab systems
- Key Opinion Leader, Orthoclassic Orthodontic supply company
- Advisor, Smiles for a Lifetime Foundation 503(c), Midpeninsula Affiliate providing braces to underserved children.
- Winter 2014 Diastema Closing Appliance, Bulletin, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Vol 86, No. 4
- Case Report, Allesee Orthodontic Appliances Lab, Advansync Appliance Workbook, 2017
- Q4 2018 Disrupting Clear Aligner Therapy, Progressive Orthodontist Magazine
- Title: INDIRECT BONDING TRAY SYSTEM, Pending U.S. Patent Application No.: 62/840,559
- Title: ATTACHMENTS FOR TOOTH MOVEMENTS, Pending U.S. Patient Application No.: 62/840,571
About Dr. Eric Wu
A Palo Alto native and graduate of Gunn High School, Dr. Eric Wu’s long road to becoming an orthodontist started with his Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry from the University of California, San Diego. He had a one-year hiatus working as a plant molecular biology research assistant at the Salk Institute in La Jolla.
Next came four years of dental school at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Dr. Eric Wu did a one-year Advanced Education General Dentistry residency at the University of California, Los Angeles, where he treated complex interdisciplinary cases.
Upon finishing that program, he worked as a general dentist for one year in Los Angeles in a cosmetic dental practice. To become an orthodontic specialist, Dr. Eric Wu attended three years at the University of Pittsburgh and received his specialty degree in orthodontics.
In 2005, Dr. Eric Wu remodeled his building from scratch, which took two years to build into an orthodontic office. In 2007, Wu Orthodontics was established and Dr. Eric Wu has been in exclusive practice since then. The long journey has taken him back to his hometown of Palo Alto.
He has seen many changes throughout the years, but he is dedicated to providing a caring environment along with cutting edge state of the art treatment. Dr. Eric Wu has completed over 1000 lifetime cases of clear aligner treatment and a very experienced user of the Pitts 21 Bracket System Braces. So much so that Dr. Eric Wu loves to lecture and teach other orthodontic professionals and share his expertise!
Dr. Eric Wu is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and Roseman University Postgraduate Department of Orthodontics. He also teaches at the Dental Assisting Program at Foothill Community College.
Dr. Eric Wu serves as a key opinion leader and advisor to the following companies within the orthodontic industry:
- Orthoclassic, makers of the Pitts21 Bracket System Braces
- uLab systems, Silicon Valley-based digital clear aligner software company
He loves to keep up with the latest innovations and information and is a member of the Progressive Orthodontist Study Club as well as the Pitts Progressive Study club.
He is also an active member of:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
Dr. Eric Wu has completed a mini-residency in Sleep Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has hospital privileges at Stanford University and the Sleep Surgery Center as he works closely with the doctors at the Sleep Surgery Clinic.
He is fluent in Mandarin and proficient in German.
He is married to Lisa and they have two kids, Misa and Preston. In his spare time, Dr. Eric Wu enjoys biking and learning about wines.