Who we are
Dr. Wu has teamed up with the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation to provide orthodontic scholarships to children ages 11-18 who normally would not be able to afford treatment. Dr. Wu donates his service to children in the local community and one set of retainers after treatment is complete.
Scholarships are limited and based on the following factors:
- Family income of no more than (200%) of the federal poverty level.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 11 – 18.
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and had a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months.
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Must currently be enrolled in school with good grades.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Must be a resident in the Mid-Peninsula (i.e. East Palo Alto, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Mateo).
- Must follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the commitment to make appointments on time.
- Must agree to all morning appointments.
To apply for a scholarship, please go to www.S4L.org and click on the Apply Today link to get started. Scholarships are handled through the National Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. For more information about scholarships, please call the national office at 719-535-2777.